Restaurant servers ensure that patrons have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service. Servers work in the front of the business taking orders, serving food and drinks, and removing dinnerware from the table in a timely manner. A good Server is attentive and responsive, to anticipate the guest’s needs. They serve patrons by providing information to help food and beverage selections; presenting ordered choices; maintaining dining ambiance. Servers perform a variety of tasks, from preparing the food, stocking supplies, serving, charging people for their food, handling cash, credit cards, and a cash register, cleaning tables and counters, resetting tables, greeting customers and answering questions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef s specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices; identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing
Qualifications & Education
A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirements if the exact education/experience requirements are not fulfilled.
Equivalent Experience Requirements
1 year previous dining experience in casual or fine dining.
- Food servers work on their feet for long periods, and are experts at customer service.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to hostperson; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
Skills and Responsibilities
General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Resolving Conflict, Teamwork, Persistence, Energy Level, Selling to Customer Needs, Thoroughness, Professionalism, Client Relationships
|Job Category||FOH, Hourly, Server|