A Kitchen porter works in the kitchens of Mission Yogurt’s restaurants where food is prepared and cooked. As a kitchen porter, the main duties would involve washing up, cleaning and basic food preparation. For a Kitchen Porter to progress in this position, they must be hardworking, and a team player. Having enough prior experience to take individualized direction form the Chef/Kitchen Manager. Cleanliness as a person is an added factor as the work is mostly on cleaning and being clean. A certification in food handling may be needed especially when a Kitchen Porter is tasked to handle food in assisting the chefs and cooks. As a kitchen porter, the main duties would involve washing up, cleaning, basic food preparation, and movement of product around the restaurant. Good physical health is essential, as a Kitchen Porter is on their feet for most of the shift. Being a team player is critical and the ability to take criticism,
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Unloading deliveries of food to the kitchen
- Organizing the storeroom
- Collecting and washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery
- Getting pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use as quickly as possible
- Washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Making sure kitchen equipment is properly stored
- Removing and recycling waste from the kitchen
Qualifications & Education
A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirements if the exact education/experience requirements are not fulfilled.
Equivalent Experience Requirements
- Good physical health, as you could be on your feet all day
- The ability to carry out tasks quickly
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to work on your own and use your initiative
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- An awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
- The ability to follow instructions.
Skills and Responsibilities
- This Position usually works between 37 and 40 hours a week including shifts, weekends and public holidays. Working conditions are usually hot and humid, and you could be working over a sink full of hot water for long periods of time.
|Job Category||BOH, Hourly, Porter|